Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Rumi.....The love




The love...

Love is this concept that I am constantly wondering about.

Rumi said it best when he said "Let the beauty we love be what we do, there are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

So in dissecting these words. In thinking about what did he mean to kneel and kiss the ground?
He wrote hundreds of years ago.  How can this be pertinent to now.  To the now of life?

Well, the words "let the beauty we love be what we do"....
what does the beauty we love mean?  My interpretation is that we do things in life that we enjoy. What ever those things are.  If we love poetry, working out, doing yoga, eating healthy, being with friends, that our work or mission in life is something that we derive immense please from.
the beauty we love...the things that bring us great joy....the people that bring us great joy.  If one finds and connects to this source things flow more smoothly.
Today in Trader Joe's this woman came up to me and asked me if I believed in Jesus.....
I was surprised and not surprised that she asked me.  In my inquisitiveness I just threw it back and asked why was she asking me that...she was an elderly white woman...maybe with some mental disease.   I didn't want to hurt her spirit or the love that was in her soul.  The caregiver came over and said for her not to talk to people..apologized and I said it was okay.   The beauty was that I didn't want to hurt her by being mean or dismissive.  It was her connection to the world, to the source of life and it didn't matter whether I believed in Jesus or not.   She came back to me later and asked why I told her caregiver to tell me not to talk to her.  I looked at this woman's sweet face and said, she cares about you and just wants to protect you.  She asked me again "did I believe in jesus" and I said I believe in God.   It was magic.  The beauty was me not wanting to hurt a soul in the world that was scattered and reaching out.
"There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

And this portion of the quote.....everyday in many ways, we can be kind, humble and loving.  Everyday we can chose to be beneficial, open, honoring of the spirit and love that is within each of us.  I kiss the ground when I send out love to everyone I care about and that orbits around me.  I kiss the ground in reverence when I realize that I am choosing to be happy.  Even when there are things and situations that baffle me.  I kneel and kiss the ground when I realize and acknowledge the beauty of the little things around me.  I kiss the ground with gratitude when I acknowledge that we are all doing our best.  I kneel and kiss the ground when I am not afraid to step into my power.  I kneel and kiss the ground when I sit at the feet of the ocean and watch as the waves come in and crash on the shore, knowing that is where I grew up.
When I realize my frailty as a human woman walking on this planet doing my best and sometimes falling down.  I kiss the ground when I write these words, not knowing if and who will read them.  

Who opens up your soul?  
Who/what makes you feel the beauty of the world?  
How many ways can you find to kneel and kiss the ground?


No comments:

Post a Comment