Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sixty Posts


Artwork for Education
J, age 10 School in California

Wow! It is hard for me to believe I have posted sixty entries.  Actually sixty one.
This month marks a year of me staying in this process of writing.  I know some months have not had so many entries, but I kept going.
Sometimes I was not sure what I wanted to say.  Sometimes I knew what I wanted to say and it was either too personal or I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go on record that I said that.
Either way, I am happy with my progress.  I am happy that I stuck it out.  This blog is one of the joys in my life. I love writing. I love thinking about writing and I love that I have a record of the whole year of my life.
I have found that if I just say what I feel, can relate to and have passion about, it comes through in the words.
I have discovered from seeing what I have written what is important to me.
Women’s rights, children’s rights, fashion, being present in one’s life, art , parenting and love.
Now that I have a year of writing under my belt will I continue the same way?
Do I want to try something new? Was the style I wrote in challenging enough for me?
Well, now I can think about those things.
For now I am going to dwell in the joy and happiness of having stuck with this project for a whole year.  Has it changed anything about me? I think so. It has helped me be clear about how I feel about many situations in my life: How I process change, Learn about my idiosyncrasies.
I think getting to tell some of my stories helps me heal, and hopefully gives my readers something to ponder. We learn from each other.
Ideas going forward: photos, words, thoughts. I don’t know.
I  like the open-endedness I have, it gives me creative freedom: I like that the best. I love thinking about the image and the quote that best support what the blog entry is about.  I love it. It works for me.



George Orwell (1903 - 1950), "Politics and the English Language", 1946

No comments:

Post a Comment