Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The most meaningful moment of my day…






I recently ran across an article in Simple magazine about different writers and photographers talking about their favorite moment of the day. 
This gave me pause to think: what was my most meaningful moment of the day.
It was hard.  I couldn’t pin point one moment.  I could only think of many.

I could think of meaningful moments in my week:

interactions with other people, greetings and hugs of hello, moments when I felt a connection, moments when I felt understood and understood another person, moments when time felt like it stood still. Moments where I felt positive love, energy, compassion, understanding, mindfulness,
Being in tune with divine consciousness.  Singing, using my voice, I love melodic music.

What did the author mean by meaningful? Each writer chose moments in their day where they were enjoying other people’s company or doing something for a loved one.

Still thinking….. can I have a few?

One of my most recent favorites is going to the farmer’s market to get fresh fruit to make a fruit salad for a man I am head over heels for and getting to know better. I taste and choose fruits that are delicious, juicy, fragrant and seasonal. Then go home to wash cut and pare the fruits to create the most amazing and tasty fruit combination.  I like the slow down of cutting the cherries in half and taking the seed out of the cherry, cutting the grapes in half, peeling the nectarines and peaches.  Making the fruit salad be a work of art.

I love the time when I am preparing something for someone I care deeply about.  I think about how much I care and want to feed the body and soul, through a little fruit salad.
It is meaningful for me to do something for someone that I care about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment