Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Sunday, May 4, 2014

From compassion to surrender




A journey…….begins with a single step or word...

I started 2014 with the word compassion.  That was what I wanted to focus on in the world.  For my self, others, to be in a deep place of caring for others. 
But through all of the events of the year thus far, my word has changed and this is how it came about.

I recently saw Judith Orlof f speak at Agape and share about a book she had just finished writing about surrender.

And it gave me pause to think. 
What a good word!!
Surrender
Surrender
Surrender,
To live,
To love,
To being.

Surrender.
To pain, let it guide one to grow.
Surrender to letting go of that
Which does not serve.
Surrender negativity.

This word feels good on my tongue.
This word feels good in my heart.
This word feels good in my body.
This is my new word, the word I will focus on
When I am meditating.

SURRENDER.

When we surrender our self to life, we open to infinite possabilities.
When we surrender to life, we open up to what is.

Surrendering to who we are can bring us the greatest joy



No comments:

Post a Comment