Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Morning or afternoon



I am a morning person, my eyes pop open when the sun comes up and more so than not, I spring out of bed ready to begin my day.
It doesn’t matter what is happening, what I am doing or going – I am mentally, spiritually and emotionally ready to do my day.
I have taken to getting up before the crack of dawn to do yoga.  I NEVER thought that I would be that person that would get up at five before work and do ANYTHING, let alone exercise.
I have to say it makes me really, really HAPPY.  Just knowing that I organized myself to get up and get myself and my stuff out the door to a place where I center myself before I begin my interactions with people.
I think it is making me LESS fearful.  I think it is making me feel EMPOWERED to do my life.
The flip side to this?  I can’t stay up late anymore!!!  I am in bed at EIGHT,
I have set out two sets of clothes, prepared lunch and breakfast and set an alarm.
The EUPHORIC feeling I have when I walk out of the studio and it is sunny and bright is PRICELESS.  I AM ALIVE – AND I KNOW IT!!
At work I feel connected to myself, calm and present. For me this translates to handling the stress of dealing with all of the personalities I interact with.
When I step out my door in the early, early pre-dawn light, I am moving with a purpose.  I LOVE that the traffic is moving!!! FAST, people on their way somewhere, NO traffic to sit in.
Ahhh, that something so simple makes me so happy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment