Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Be Kind


“Drench yourself in self kindness.
Women  are very good at shining kindness outward, yet if you ask how kind they are to themselves, they often cry.
Turn the spotlight inward.
Before we can move to healthier ways, we must be where we are.
Radical self- acceptance is a connecting, soft, slow,
compassionate way of being.  We can help each other. When you see a friend beating up on herself, take her weapons away and just hold her.”

                                             From succulent wild woman by Sark



We are way too hard on ourselves sometimes. Me included. I guess it comes from wanting to always be perfect or not make mistakes. More so not wanting to make mistakes.  But sooner or later we all make one. Not intentionally. Sometimes we think we have a situation under control and discover we don’t.
The one thing a person can be in control of is how they respond. Saying I’m sorry, listening compassionately. These are things we want for ourselves. So we should give them. 
I have learned to step away from my computer when my son wants to talk to me. so that he sees I am focused and engaged in our conversation.  This is not always easy, I am sending email, checking balances and handling business. But he is also important.  I am learning to be a better listener.
The words above are inspiration for me.  I forget about being kind to myself.
And I know many women who also do the same thing. It a one day at a time thing, but definitely worth working towards. Be kind to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment