Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Monday, April 2, 2012

Beauty

"Sometimes you
hear a voice through the 
 door calling you....
                          This turning toward what you
                          deeply love saves you."
               - From Rumi "A Voice through the Door"


I have always loved flowers.  This is a peony that grew in my Grandmother's garden in Northern California.  It was the first bloom of a plant that typically does best on the east coast.  She had green fingers and plants grew for her.  It took her many years to get this first blossom.  Gardening is an art of love and patience.  I recently came across this photo and it reminded me of my Grandmother's strength and patience.  I love this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment