Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Monday, October 22, 2012

Be Who You Are...no matter what


        
 A friend sent me these inspirational words last spring.  It is a reminder to be true to oneself and oneself's calling.  To me it is a reminder that at the end of the day we are responsible to ourselves.
I am responsible to me and my higher self.  My question is can I live with the decisions that I make
about how I treat other people and myself.  That is a question for us to each think about everyday.

watercolor on watercolor paper
12/2011
        

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
            If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
  If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  
   Succeed anyway.
           If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
            What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
            If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
            The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
         Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
         In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment