Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Monday, January 21, 2013

Live, Love, Learn….A hundred and twenty days



There is a season for everything.
A time for every purpose under heaven.....


Peace and Love
collage, mixed media on canvas
12/12



Today is one hundred and twenty days since I started my clean eating again.  This time the stakes are higher because of health issues. 

I feel good.  I know I have to find the strength to keep my diet as clean and as simple as it is. 
My hair is a mess!!! Not really but I am not relaxing it and am two months in the transition process.  I can feel the new growth and it is weird to have two different textures on my head.  I love bobby pins and headbands.  They are saving my life right now.  I have looked at and read so many blogs about different women’s transition experience and began watching youtube videos.  It’s fun, enlightening and inspiring.  If I were writing a hair transitioning blog, my main statement would be to deep condition your hair once a week.  I think that is key.  Also I am learning not to mess with it.  It’s hard not to touch the little ringlets sprouting up on my head.

I am in a healing process. 
I am learning to love myself in a different way.  To just let the authentic me come out and embrace that woman.

My hair, my body, my mind all under renovation.



No comments:

Post a Comment