Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Crooners – Musicans I love



“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent”



Watercolor on watercolor paper


I love music.  I have eclectic tastes as probably do many people.
I have music for the gym, music for the car and driving, music to take a bath to, music to relax at home to and music to help me sleep.

What I am totally in love with right now:

In the gym – Flo Rida – Wild One, this just gets my heart pumping and makes me move my booty.  Kings of Leon – Sex on fire, this is a sure fire make me move more too.  To work hard and get a good sweat on the music has to be hot and pumpin’.  At least for me, I am not there to be lethargic.  I am there to optimize my time and work as hard as I can on my body.  I find Ne-yo so sexy.  I love his song “Closer” and any song he sings.  I don’t know why. AND I HAVE A RULE...No Gym music in my car, gotta keep it special.  So I have to work out to listen to it.

In the car – The Gypsy Kings – I love the flamenco guitar, this music transports me to a tropical place at sunset, having a marguarita and laughing and dancing with friends. It is so romantic, it is soft and relaxing and thus if stuck in traffic it makes me calmer.  I envision this beautiful Latino man like William Levy asking me to dance.

In the bath – A playlist of meditational music by Guru Singh and Snatam Kaur.  Meditational music to relax my brain, slow my heart, connect myself to myself, to remember the essence of who I am, what my mission is on this planet. To uplift my spirit and connect me to my divine self, this is my healing recharging time of day.
I have given what I have to all the little children in my care, busted my butt in the gym, and connected with the adults in my path and now must re-center myself to do it all again the next day.

Music is motivational for me.  It either calms me down or pumps me up.  I cannot live without it.  In my next life I hope to be an singer, even a back up singer.  Getting to use my voice as creative inspiration would make me  very happy.
Of course, I can go old school, I love Motown.  Who doesn’t love love songs!! The Four Tops, Supremes, Miracles, Tempations…. All sweet love music.  There is nothin’ like groovin’ down the road to some oldies.  “I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day…” – who doesn’t need a little bit of that!
And who can forget Stevie Wonder and My Cherie Amour…. another golden oldie.

Rock n’ roll, well I love classic rock.  Who doesn’t love Mick Jagger.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers, too right on.

Maybe it’s all my creativity, but I just love music and could write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment