Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chaos - creative chaos





“In chaos, there is fertility.”  - Anais Nin





Living in chaos, creative chaos can be exhausting, exhilarating and inspiring.  That is kind of how things have felt for me.
Juggling work, working out, eating well, sleeping, being creative,
Supporting the development of young children, my sons, carving out time to read romance novels and chill. 
I have been on a wild ride, holding on for dear life and enjoying every minute of it. 
I love what I do.  I wake up each morning with gusto ready to serve and experience the daily interactions I am going to have with people. Children, adults: some happy, some cranky, some learning, some challenging but I wake up ready to deal with what comes my way.
It’s what I do.  I love working with people.  I love being with young children.  They are always right there in the present. 
My work is creative and intellectual.  At least that’s how I describe it.
Coming up with ideas and experiences that support children in growing.  I strive for my work to be mindful, respectful, developmental and inspiring.  And that sometimes means I exhaust myself and sometimes flounder.
Sometimes I get these great ideas for my blog, while I am driving, teaching, taking a bath and don’t write them down right away.  Then I forget. 
I am a worrier, I worry about everything.  I pay attention to everything.  How people are perceiving what I am saying, doing, where they are when they come into my presence. 
And then I process it all through my filters.  Thus my teaching comes from a place where I try to be as mindful as I can.  As gentle as I can.
I strive to be a tool of kindness, clarity and clearness.  No need to be harsh to get the message across. 
Thus I live in chaos when everything gets going.  I am running here, I am running there, actually I amble here, I amble there, always peacefully and with as much grace as I can muster. 


We live in a rainbow of chaos.’
-               Cezanne




No comments:

Post a Comment