Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Saturday, August 24, 2013

NYC 2nd day - Museums, Highline, Walking






NYC 2nd day


The day started with a cab to Chelsea, when the driver said we were there it was hard for me to get out of the cab.  I went to starbucks and got a iced decaf sugar free latte then headed into the Chelsea market until it was time.  
Found the Chelsea Market! A little bit of everything I can afford!! Clothes, food, jewelry, little bags with quotes.  I just loved it and am going back. 
The Highline was a fabulous walk! The flowers are beginning to wilt, it’s the end of the summer the sky was overcast but it was perfect for me. I didn't walk the whole thing, but enough to get a feel for it.
What I wore:  Vintage rayon floral dress and grey espadrilles with bright orange piping.
I took Taxis – not ready to brave the subway!!
Then I went back to my hotel, rested and went to the Whitney and then to the Met. Walked from the Whitney to Met and passed Central Park, at night the Met was alive with lots of people, sitting on the steps listening to a jazz musician.  The night is alive here in the city that doesn't sleep.

It was a good busy day, tomorrow a musical Book of Mormon and more to see.

What I wore:  Black yoga harem pants, gray J.Crew t with sequins, purple sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment