Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Graceful Gratitude


 
The Sun never says to the Earth, ‘you owe me.’ Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky.
–Hafiz.




I am grateful.

I am grateful for the Sun and Moon and all the planets that lined up harmoniously at the moment I took my first breath on this planet.  I am grateful for the Fall, the season that was chosen for me to make my entry on this Earth.  The cool air, thanksgiving energy in the atmosphere.

I am grateful for the goddesses who sang my name in to existence and gave me the gifts of wisdom, healing, humor and knowledge.

I am grateful to this planet Earth, for the air I breathe, the Sun that shines down on my body, the wind that blows to and fro and the moon that is luminescent at night and the ocean that is always there, a deep, deep source of life on this planet.

I am grateful for my gifts, every day as I walk my walk on this planet I use them.

I am grateful for my body, it was the home for a human being (my son) to grow and flourish. 
I am grateful for my body when I am in yoga class and am in a back bend, fluid movement, clarity in myself.   
I am aware of my fragility as a human and aware of my strength.

I am grateful to be able to express myself visually, creatively,
artisitically. 

I am grateful to know I am a part of something bigger than me and everyday I wake up in thanksgiving.

I am grateful for the mysticism and spirituality that surrounded me as a young child growing up in another country.  The veil between the worlds was always thin for me and I saw more than I understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment