Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fourty days and counting


I have not had any candy, fried chicken, gummy bears, cookies, potato chips, French fries, hamburgers or fast food, cupcakes, etc.  in general for 40 days and counting. 
Wow! That’s a lot of days to go without eating things that are tasty, delicious and mouthwatering, fatty, rich, you know.  Instead I have been eating cucumbers – um, yams – um, roasted chicken – ugh, oatmeal and raisins, scrambled eggs and grits.  Mangoes, strawberries, raspberries and all kinds of fruits are my new treat before two o'clock.
I have made it enough days to almost feel like I can handle this change to my lifestyle more than one day at a time.  Boy is it hard, I am surrounded by cookies, cakes, bagels and all kinds of delicious candies all day.
Do I feel any different? Not really. Well, a little.  Now I know I am capable of being in charge of what I put in my mouth. ( that’s kinda funny when you think of it, I am in charge of so many bigger things in my life, but I can’t seem to stay in  charge of what goes in my mouth).

The Kiss
Rodin
Cantor Arts Center, Stanford
This weekend I was away and saw some inspiring art pieces.  First, beautiful Rodin sculptures.  That excited me.  His work is so bigger than life.
It made me want to try my hand at a life size human figure sculpture.  It made me want to look closer at the human form and not from my imaginery ideas but real realistic interpretations.  One day.  

Today I will think about how much I loved seeing a Deborah Butterfield horse up close.  And I got to take a picture.  That’s what I would really like to do, is figure out how to use her work for inspiration in making a horse sculpture. 
Horse
Deborah Butterfield
Cantor Arts Center, Stanford


Venus,
1st century
marble
Roman

I loved seeing the Venus marble sculpture.  The goddess of Love.  We all love love.
Well, let's see if I last 40 more days without putting anything fatty, sugery or overly salty in my mouth.  I'm tryin'.  I love water now. Oh, I love water, water is my new best friend.  Water, cucumbers, lemons, raspberries and grits.....crazy combination.
Venus is my new inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment