Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Jeans - almost there



Finally, I have made it sixty days of eating clean.  Clean, clean, clean.  So I decided to pull out the jeans.  The jeans that I decided to use as a marker to show the progress of my changed eating and working out habits. 
Last time, I couldn’t button any of the buttons.  I was apprehensive about even pulling them out.  So of course I do it before I am going to work(when I shouldn’t, late to work).  A quick what shall I wear today? Oh! I wonder if those jeans fit today. And they did.  At least I could button them up and that was a mitzpah in my eyes.  I have worked hard to get to button up those jeans.
I am a  Levi’s 501 girl.  I like them, I always have.  I like buttoning my jeans.  I like the straight leg cut. Really they are the only jeans I like to wear.  
I have not had coffee, a Red Bull or a diet coke in 60 days.  I lived on a Red Bull before working out.  I liked the “kick”.  I couldn’t work out if I didn’t have that little adrenalin rush.  Well, I sure don’t need a Red Bull anymore.   
Sixty days and counting of making a change in my lifestyle.  It is hard, on days when I am away from my routine.  I was thinking that I was ready for a cheat day.  I can taste the vegan cupcake in my mouth.  Nope, not yet.  I have to reach my goal first. 
My goals is to wear my 501 jeans and a tshirt. My goal is for them to be comfortable and a little loose. 
For this goal, I have forsworn all of my favorite candies, potato chips, fried foods and soy ice cream bars.
And the exercise that goes along with making the dietary changes.  It’s getting easier but it’s still hard.  My new mantra is to trust my body.  It’s making me more comfortable in my skin.
My next marker…….gotta get through each day.  Each day I feel tempted to just forget the whole thing.  What’s one little chocolate.  I am not a cheater, even when no one is watching (and I would know that I wasn't keeping my plan).  Then I remember I want to wear the jeans. And I am getting close.


Butterfly
recycled cans, buttons on wood
2004




No comments:

Post a Comment