Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Goodness of Life….

collage hearts
mixed media
12/2010



I was just re-reading a quote that I used in a previous blog and was struck by the words goodness of life.
When my son was a baby and I would cradle him in my arms loving him, I would describe him as all this goodness while kissing him.
Goodness.  We can never have enough goodness in our lives.
What does goodness mean to you? How does goodness make you feel? Is it inspiring? What does it smell like? Taste like?
When I look at young children I see goodness.  They are in the beginning of their lives. No one knows what good they will do in the world, what their contribution will be.  We don’t know how they will handle the challenges that will come their way.
For the moment they are just goodness.  Sweet innocence,
with a huge dose of humor, love and just enough back talk to make you smile (but keep a straight face in front of them).  We are shaping them (children) from the moment we all imprint, whether it is your new baby, step child, student in your classroom. If we focus on seeing the goodness, the love, and the desire to learn our hearts can be in the right place to support their growth and development.
Do grown ups have goodness? Can you be a grown up and still be goodness? I think you can. It’s a sweet thing.  When you care about someone you look to see the best there is to see in them.
The goodness of life is all around us.  All we have to do is look a little closer.

recycled heart
mixed media on canvas panel
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment