Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Yoga is my guru

watercolor on watercolor paper
2/2013


Yoga is my guru

I started doing hot yoga and it is the most fabulous experience I have had to date.  I love working out and going to the gym.  I love pushing my physical limits.
I needed something different.  With my hectic schedule it is hard to fit in class times and expensive.  Then I found a deal I had to try, fourty- five dollars for 30 days.  I could do that, and there was a studio down the street from my work, and near my home.
I have been in heaven, sweaty heaven.  I am learning to be different in my body. Different than the way I was with lifting weights.  I think I sit up a little taller, I think I stretch a little further, I think I have a little more ease inside my skin.
When I focus on the postures or moves my brain is totally engaged with what my body is doing.  The chatter in my head turns off.  I focus on an intention.
What I love about yoga is balance: what I do on the left side of my body, I do on the right side and that is helping me so much.
I am learning to trust my body in a whole new way.
I also started getting up and going to classes at 6:30 in the morning!!  Talk about a rush of energy! I thought I would be tired, but I am not. I am actually energized and peaceful.  I flow through my day, through the children and adults I deal with.  And I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment