Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Moving through Life - Observing the Passage of time





Standing Bow - Dancer
colored pencils on paper 2013

It is crazy how quickly it seems days, weeks and months go by.
Life is filled with joy, laughter, things to remember, errands to run, work outs to have, too many things to think about, the good, the frustrating, the in between.  And more,
Life is all that we make of it.
Sometimes it’s more, sometimes less.
It is easy to run around like a chicken with our head cut off.
It is harder to stay meaningful, balanced and mindful.
There was a time in my life where I didn’t pay attention to the details of what was going on around me.
These days I do my best to be observant.

What I know for sure is that my attitude determines the outcome.  I am learning to pace out my negativity and judgemental-ness. And to say words of kindness and thoughts of  non-judgementalness.
Time is flying by, it feels slow one minute, then the next a school year is over, and we are all a year older and a year more experienced in what we are experiencing. That is a kookie sentence, but think about it.  

For the past two months I have been a yogi.  And I love it.
I have done yoga for the past two weeks, everyday, making it work.  I am grateful for every minute I am in the studio working to strengthen my body. I just feel so happy.

My body feels better.  My mind feels better.  I am still searching for the spiritual connection; I feel it as I move through postures.  I have my favorites. I love standing bow.  It was hard in the beginning; I had to lean up against a wall.  Or I needed the safety of the wall to support myself.  Now I can do it without the comfort of being near a wall.  I love breathing.  Breathing is what really makes yoga work for me.  I feel my energy moving through my body.

Time keeps moving.  We keep moving with it, whether we know it or not.  We make a choice of how we are going to move through time and space.  I am practicing gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment