Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My favorite things, right now

Standing bow pose
colorpencil on paper





My favorite things:
things that make me happy.
What are they at this juncture in my life?
What makes me happy?
What are my favorite things?

The people in my life make me happy.  I feel surrounded by nice people.  People who care, people who take a minute to listen to me, comfort me, make me laugh, make me happy.

I have a fondness for travel size containers of beauty products.  It doesn’t matter if it is for the hair, skin or face, I love to try new things without having to commit to a big container.  I will try almost anything lotion, face cream, hair conditioner.  And that is how I decide what I like.  I have a new favorite website, birchbox.com.
It is a candy store for me.

I have said it many times, but I am loving yoga and the contortions I am learning to do with my body.  I have not taken any advil or used topical cream on my knees in months.  I have also eliminated processed foods and sugars.

I am lovin’ country music and duets.  I love duets, especially country ones.  My favorites are Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw, and Carrie Underwood and ken paisley.  i am loving lady antebellum as well.

I always love summer fruits.  The cherries have been outstanding.
I love peaches and the smell of summer fruit.  I even tried to make a cherry crisp, I have to try again, it could be better.

I am loving water. 
Cold, cold, cold water. Refreshing.  My body craves it.


No comments:

Post a Comment