Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Everyday should be Mother’s Day



Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking
around outside your body.”



Posting an entry about Mother’s Day just slipped past me.  I had already planned the things I was going to do that day.  In the week prior to Mother’s Day I ruminated on what I wanted for Mother’s Day and how I wanted my day to go. 
Mostly I wanted an easy day.  A stress free open-ended kinda day.  A day to do the things I like to do: workout, relax, read something.
I made phone calls and sent texts to all the moms I know.  Mostly at this place in my life I want to love the people I love and be at peace inside myself.




I count my blessings.  I am thankful for the health of my sons. I do work I love.  I am stepping out of my comfort range. 
To all the Mother’s out there I say: honor yourself.  Love yourself, find your joy, find joy in the everyday experiences of raising little people to grow up and be big people.  Thus, everyday should be Mother's Day, honor what you give in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment