Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. - Rumi

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grace

lotus
watercolor on watercolor paper
4/2012



Learn to limit yourself; to content yourself with some definite work;
dare to be what you are and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not;
and to believe in your own individuality.”


I strive to be graceful.  I strive to be easy, calm and clear.  I strive to let the yucky stuff roll off of me without dragging me down.  I strive to be at ease in my body.  I strive to be at ease in my mind and my spirit.  
I am not always successful but this is my goal.  It happens in life that situations come along that challenge us to our core.  Each one of us is here having an experience on this planet.  We each have the choice to take the high road or low road in what we do in respect to how we treat each other.  I am having an experience with my son's father that is making me reflect on these qualities.
Grace, state of grace, being graceful in the face of adversity, drama and challenges is admirable in anyone.  I continue working on that in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment